Header Image for Monk Sherborne Parish Council


The laws governing planning are very complex and planning consent is required before most forms of development can be legally undertaken.  Development is defined in The Town and Country Planning Act, 1990 as:

“the carrying out of building, engineering, mining or other operations in, on, over or under land, or the making of any material change in the use of any buildings or other land.”

Details of planning applications and associated documents can be viewed on the Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council website.